Keeping You and Your Duckies Safe
January is National Bath Safety Month! Here are some tips for preventing bath related injuries:
- Prevent slips and falls with an anti-slip mat.
- Grab bars are wise choice for the young and old alike – shower doors and towel racks are not strong enough to prevent slips!
- Scalds are burns caused by hot liquids or steam – make sure your tub/shower has a pressure balanced valve (remember in the movies when they flush the toilet and the person in the shower screams? This prevents that).
- Scald guards can automatically shut off the water if it is too hot – further preventing scalds.
- Check your shower and tub for sharp edges.
- Test the water temperature before showering or bathing.
- Keep toiletries within arms reach to prevent slips from over extending yourself.
- Fill the tub before entering and check the water temperature before entering or placing some one else in the bath.